New look (yes, already)

That’s right, I have decided to change the layout and colour scheme of the blog...just over 2 weeks after launching. Typical. I can’t promise that my indecisive nature won’t continue to lead me to make rash decisions, but I can promise that said decisions will be made in good taste. I think we can all agree that the original layout was absolutely hideous (I forget how controversial and risky green is…).


Keeping more in-tune with the concept of the blog, I've decided to draw upon the talents of the very creatives who inspired me to start this project in the first place. Below I have attached a moodboard (I love a good moodboard), showing a selection of illustrators and examples of their work which encapsulate the calmness and beauty I feel that ‘home’ should represent.


Room2think collage edit image.jpg


a) House Plant Print by Jacqueline Colley. I’ve been an admirer of Jacqueline’s work for a while now; I love how she uses colour and elements of nature in her bright, bold and vibrant prints. The print I used above is far from her most abstract work, but I adore how it showcases the beauty in the forms of different domestic plants.
b and c) Illustrations by Ross Becker. Ross’ illustrations have a certain nostalgic quality for me because they remind me of the kind of the children's books by the likes of Anthony Browne that I used to love so dearly (and still do). Ross’ illustrations often feature nonchalant everyday environments, from living rooms to coffee shops, but often showcased in unique and playful ways (see: image b).
d) Painterly House Plant Print by Meylor Paper Goods. This print showcases the beauty of houseplants in a very different way to that of Jacqueline Colley’s; opting for softer colours in a watercolour-like style. Meylor’s cards, prints and stationery sets all hold a sense of warm and timelessness and their designs and this print is no different.
e and f) Marie Jacotey prints for Granby Workshop. I fell in love with Turner Prize-winning collective Granby workshop when I saw their goods at Top Drawer back in 2016. This series of prints showcases their striking and quirky wares perfectly. If you’re a fan of Marie’s style, check out her Tumblr page.
g, h, i) Prints by Leigh Bagley. If (like me) you love graphic and colourful prints, Leigh Bagley's architectural designs will be right up your street. I particularly appreciate that the colours of the Greek mediterranean were used as an inspiration for the range, as this resonates with me deeply.

Look out for my upcoming post about my undying love for Pinterest!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 4 (Craft)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 3 (Spotted)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 2 (Home)