Room2Think - An introduction


My name is Constantinos Christou and I am a 19-year-old Politics and International Relations student, born and raised in South London. This project has been a long-time coming and there are a multitude of reasons why I decided to finally launch it.

Three things came together for me in the last year, giving me the drive and determination to start this and finally see it through (I created the domain back in February and have been drafting posts since then). The first was from my...unfortunate experience in student accommodation in my first year at university; the second was my ongoing work with local organisations to tackle the London housing crisis; third was years of attending exhibitions that showcased the best of creative talent that the world have to offer, here in my home city. These three things have taught me the value of loving one's surroundings and the impact where you live can have on your mental health.


Room2Think aims to encourage thoughtfulness and pride in one's surroundings. This could refer to your home, your community, your city or wherever. As an advocate for safe, accessible and affordable housing for all, I want to use this as a platform to raise awareness of upcoming housing initiatives such as my ongoing projects with Citizens UK and The Advocacy. As a lover of art and design, I also hope to use this platform to raise awareness of my favourite designer makers, presenting an alternative to impersonal and clinical mass-produced goods. As an advocate for community cohesion, rather than gentrification, I also hope to showcase concepts and projects that are changing communities for the better, not bulldozing social housing and community spaces to build luxury flats for the 1%.

Now I'm sure you must be thinking that this all seems very ambitious (and very liberal), well guess what? I am both of those things! Now, if you have followed my other blog iPlugToYou, you'll know that I'm a flakey blogger at the best of times, but I hope to use my experiences to be more consistent and reliable with this project.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 4 (Craft)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 3 (Spotted)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 2 (Home)