The Fore Street Flea, Exeter



I’m still recovering from the extensive Top Drawer coverage I was doing in the last couple of weeks so this will be just a mini update from me.

I’m now back in Exeter and ready to start my second year of university. One of my favourite things about studying in Exeter is that there is a real sense of local pride and community in the city itself (and not in a gross nationalistic way). From farmers markets to craft fairs; Exeter locals are conscious that the community needs to come together to support and nurture local produce and talent.

My favourite example of this is The Fore Street Flea market that takes place on 4 Sundays across the year, where local businesses line the street with their wares, artwork, vintage goods and food. This Sunday just gone marked my second visit and I was delighted to see how much it had grown since I stumbled upon it at the end of last term. Organisers claim that there were over 140 stalls on the day, which is incredible!

I picked up a few bits and pieces myself, and I've vowed to pop down to Fore Street more often to see what other treasures there are to be found in its many shops and cafés. It reminded me that I need to spend less time looking for bargains on cleaning products in Wilco and more time exploring the many independent businesses and creative talents Exeter has to offer.


The next Fore Street Flea is due to take place on the 26th of November. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 3 (Spotted)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 1 (Gift)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 2 (Home)