Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 2 (Home)

Time for part two of my four-part ‘series’, showcasing my highlights from Top Drawer A/W 2017! In case you missed it, here’s part one. The plan was to post these every other day and so far, so good! Let’s see how long I can keep this up for...

Today, I will be listing my highlights from the ‘Home’ section, which showcased the finest up-and-coming homeware companies and designer makers, as well as new ranges from more established brands. I tend to favour emerging talent and smaller businesses so that’s very much the theme I’m going for here.



a) ANIMACONTEMPORANEA - Stand H-17
ANIMACONTEMPORANEA, more so than any other exhibitor this year, proved to me that you don’t need to have a large stand to stand out. There's a real elegance to their products, which would look fantastic in any space. My favourite products they had on show were probably their 'LUNO' storage jars.

b) Birdie Fortescue - Stand H-K24
Birdie Fortescue LTD was born out of a love and appreciation for antiques - shown by the timelessness of the goods on show in their stand. Not only did this stand contain plenty of wonderful block-printed textiles, but it also had plenty of green - my favourite colour! I'm not usually the biggest fan of vintage goods, but when they're presented in such a way, it really allows the designs to shine.

c) IXXI - Stand H-D33
One of the main reasons I keep coming back to Top Drawer is the opportunity to see fresh new design concepts before the general market. Dutch brand IXXI create large, tile-based pieces of wall art, that I one day hope to have a house with walls big enough to install. My favourite of their designs was the leaf print, because it's no secret how much I love it when nature is incorporated in modern design.

d) JOLT - H-A19
Japanese craftsmanship is second-to-none and their designers are among the most talented in the world - so much so that I have to make a post about my favourite Japanese designer-makers at some point. Naturally, I was delighted to see JOLT’s latest collection, which can be best described as a colourful and vibrant tribute to Japanese design.

e) Linda Bloomfield - Stand H-D17
I’ve been admiring Linda Bloomfield’s stunning porcelain tableware, much of which is handmade in her West London studio, for a number of years now. Her products are unique and captivating, and this year the simplicity of her stand showcased their beauty perfectly. Linda's range extends to both handmade porcelain vessels and now manufactured tableware including mugs and teapots with striking and colourful glazes.

f) Lorna Syson - Stand H-A29
Made in her studio in South-East London, Lorna Syson’s beautiful fabric designs have both a whimsical and a modern take on nature. I saw her early wares debut at Top Drawer a number of years ago, so I was delighted to see how much the range had grown since then! My favourite collection of hers remains the Coast & Countryside range, because I adore modern, colourful geometric shapes.

g) Sue Pryke and Wild + Wood - Stand H-D16
An interesting addition to the ‘Home’ section was Sue Pryke, whose small collection of stunning pastel functional tableware has now expanded into ceramic pendant lights. It was a pleasure to see her new colours in the flesh, especially the pink spring/summer range! Her stand was shared with Wild + Wood, who make home accessories including shelving and clocks primarily using concrete and high-quality wood, giving their products an industrial feel. You can see some of their fantastic clock designs towards the top of the image.

f) Yod and Co. - Stand E25
Yod and Co. is a UK distributor for a number of unique brands from across the world, from Thailand to Russia, all connected through a shared commitment to quality and design. Their eclectic range includes tableware, stationery and cosmetics. My favourite brands of theirs are OMMO's silicon kitchenware and NAVA's animal shaped soaps, both of which had some of the most fun products in the entire exhibition!



Check out highlights from the other sections of Top Drawer A/W 2017:
Part 1 - Gift 
Part 3 - Spotted
Part 4 - Craft
SaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 3 (Spotted)

Top Drawer A/W 2017 highlights - part 1 (Gift)